FCI JE And Other Various Post Syllabus 2019
Basically, a candidate who wishes to secure job under FCI must qualify in the 3 stages and those candidates who are qualified in all the three stages will be appointed as FCI Employee.
The FCI Syllabus & Exam Pattern for Online/CBT Prelims is common for all the posts. So the detailed FCI Exam Pattern for Phase 1 is tabulated below:
|| Total Questions
||Duration Of Exam
The detailed FCI Syllabus for Phase 1 is tabulated below:
|Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere
||Fill in the blanks
|Mixtures & Allegations
||Multiple Meaning/Error Spotting
|Permutation, Combination &Probability
|Profit & Loss
|Ratio & Proportion, Percentage
|Sequence & Series
|Simple Interest & Compound Interest & Surds & Indices
|Time & Distance
|Work & Time
FCI Syllabus PDF For Phase II
The detailed FCI Syllabus for Phase 2 for all the posts are listed below:
The FCI Syllabus For Junior Engineer Electrical/Civil/ Mechanical Engineering is listed below:
FCI Syllabus for Junior Civil Engineering:
- Building Materials: Physical and Chemical properties building stones, cement (Portland), Asbestos products, Timber and Wood based Products, laminates, bituminous materials, paints, varnishes etc.
- Surveying: Principles of surveying, plane table surveying, theodolite, leveling and contouring, curvature, permanent adjustment of dumpy level, methods of contouring, tachometric survey etc.
- Soil Mechanics: void ratio, porosity, saturation, water content, specific gravity of soil grains and unit weights, grain size, Atterberg’s limits, soil classification, plasticity chart, permeability, consolidation of soils. Lab tests, moisture content, bearing capacity of soils, plate load test, standard penetration test etc.
- Estimating, Costing and Valuation: Estimate, analysis of rates, earthwork, Brick, RCC work shuttering, Painting, Flooring, Plastering flexible pavements, Tube well, isolates and combined footings, Steel Truss, Piles etc.
- Transportation Engineering: Types of pavements, pavement materials – aggregates and bitumen, Design of flexible and rigid pavements, bituminous construction, rigid pavement joint, pavement maintenance, Railway Engineering.
- Environmental Engineering: Quality of water, purification, distribution, sanitation, sewerage and sewage treatments.
- Structural Engineering: Theory of structures, bending moment and shear force diagrams retaining walls, eccentric loads, slope deflection, critical load and columns, torsion etc.
- Concrete Technology: Latest technology and uses of concrete, water cement ratio, workability, mix design, placement, compaction, finishing and curing of concrete, quality control of concrete, repair and maintenance of concrete structure etc.
- RCC Designs: RCC flexural strength, shear strength, bond strength, design of single reinforced beams, retaining walls, water tanks (RCC design questions may be based on both Limit State method and Working Stress method).
- Steel Design: Steel design and construction of steel columns, beams, roof trusses, plate girders. Construction
- Management: Construction scheduling Bar Chart, CPM and PERT etc.
FCI Syllabus For Electrical & Mechanical Engineering
The FCI Syllabus for Electrical & Mechanical Engineering is listed below:
- Basic concepts
- Concepts of current
- Energy and their units
- Circuit law
- AC Fundamentals
- Measurement and measuring instruments
- Electrical Machines
- Synchronous Machines
- Transmission and Distribution of power in different power stations
- Estimation and costing
- Utilization of Electrical Energy
- Basic Electronics
- Theory of Machines and Machine Design
- Engineering Mechanics and Strength of Materials
- Thermal Engineering
- Air standard Cycles for IC engines
- Rankine cycle of steam
- Air Compressors & their cycles
- Boilers Refrigeration cycles
- Production Engineering.
FCI Syllabus For Assistant Grade III – Accounts
The FCI Syllabus for Assistant Grade III – Accounts is listed below:
1.Basic Accounting concept including preparation of books of accounts.
2. Taxation including Income Tax and Goods and Services Tax.
3. Auditing: –
- (a) Auditing concepts and methods
- (b) Internal & External audit of companies.
4. Commercial Laws:- (Basic Knowledge)
- (a) Basics of Contract Act
- (b) Basics of Company Act
- (c) Basics of Sales of Goods Act
- (d) Negotiable Instrument Act
5. Basic of Computers:
- (a) Operating System
- (b) Browsers
- (c) Email
- (d) Memory (Internal, External, portable)
- (e) Chats
- (f) Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- (g) Networks
FCI Syllabus For Assistant Grade-III (Technical)
The FCI Syllabus For Assistant Grade-III is listed below:
- Agriculture:- Statics of Indian Agriculture (Cereals & Pulses), Elementary entomology, Plant Protection, Agricultural Economics.
- Botany:- Cell Biology: Tissue, Organ & Organ System, Genetics, Plant Classification, Diversity, Ecology, Life Process: Photosynthesis, Respiration, Circulation, Movement etc, Basics of Biochemistry.
- Zoology:- Animal Cell & Tissue, Organ System, Heredity & Variation, Animal Classification, Micro Organism, Insects & Rodents.
- Chemistry:- Chemical bonding, Organic Chemistry: Basics of alkanes, alkenes, alkynes, alcohols, aldehydes and acids, Inorganic Chemistry, Chemistry in daily life.
- Physics:- Measurements, Basic Physics, Light, Electricity.
The above FCI Syllabus for Agriculture, Botany, Zoology, Chemistry, and Physics are grouped into the following two categories:
- GROUP A– Agriculture, Botany, and Zoology.
- GROUP B– Agriculture, Chemistry and Physics.
FCI Syllabus For Paper III
The FCI Syllabus For Paper III will contain 120 Multiple Choice Questions on General Hindi, General English, General Awareness, General Intelligence and Computer Knowledge for candidates applying for Post Code D [Assistant Grade-II (Hindi)], and Post Code E [Typist (Hindi)].
FCI Syllabus For Paper IV
- The FCI Syllabus for Paper IV is the translation of 2 Passages, one each from Hindi to English and vice-versa or candidates applying for the Post Code D [Assistant Grade-II (Hindi)].
- Each Question will carry 60 marks and the maximum marks for the Paper-IV would be 120. This online test will be subjective type.
- Paper–IV for the post of Assistant Grade-II (Hindi) which shall be descriptive in nature, would be conducted online and for appearing in Paper-IV, the candidate should be able to use following keyboard layouts:
- Remington (GAIL)
FCI Syllabus For Paper V
The FCI Syllabus for Paper 5 will contain 120 Multiple Choice Questions on General English, General Awareness, General Intelligence and Computer Knowledge (with specific reference to MS Word and Internet) for candidates applying for the Post Code C [Steno Grade-II].
Important Points To be Noted Regarding FCI Syllabus
- Marks obtained in Phase-I online exam will not be reckoned for final merit list. The candidates fifteen times the number of vacancies advertised shall be called for Phase-II examination.
- The merit of online Test for Post Code F and I will be decided on the basis of marks secured in Paper -I of Phase-II
- For post code A, B, G and H, the merit will be decided on the basis of combined marks secured in Paper – I & post specific Paper – II of Phase-II.
- Candidates applying for AG-II (Hindi) (Post Code-D) will need to take paper III & IV in Phase II. Final selection will be on the basis of combined marks secured by the candidates in both Paper – III and Paper- IV.
- Candidates applying for the Post of Typist (Hindi) (Post Code-E) will need to take Paper – III in Phase II for Online Test. The final merit for the post of Typist (Hindi) will be decided on the basis of marks secured in Paper-III, subject to qualifying the Skill Test.
- Candidates applying for the Post of Steno. Grade-II (Post Code-C) will need to take Paper – V in Phase II for Online Test. The final merit for the post of Steno. Grade-II will be decided on the basis of marks secured in Paper-V, subject to qualifying the Skill Test.
- All papers in the online examination will be of objective type multiple choice questions only except paper IV for AG-II (Hindi) which will be of the subjective type.
- Online Test will be bilingual i.e. in English and Hindi except for language papers.
FCI Syllabus: List Of Paper Codes & Posts
||Steno Grade – II
||Junior Engineer Civil
||Junior Engineer ( Electrical & Mechanical)
Important Points Regarding FCI Syllabus:
- 1) Paper-I is common for post code A, B, F, G, H and I.
- 2) Paper-III is common for post code D and E.